This paleo and keto friendly quiche becomes lighter in taste with the addition of mashed cauliflower.
Servings: 4 servings
- ½ head medium cauliflower
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cup grated cheese such as Gruyere or Emmentaler
- 8 - 10 oz cultured sour cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- salt & pepper
- 2 -3 TBSP avocado or olive oil
- 1-2 handfuls Russian kale
1. Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces and steam in steamer basket until very soft (about 20 mins). You could also boil the cauliflower in water.2. Preheat oven to 375˚F.3. Mash cauliflower well with a fork. 4. Add the eggs, grated cheese and sour cream5. Add mustard, nutmeg and season with salt and pepper. Set aside.6. Add oil to cast iron skillet and preheat over medium heat. Add the kale and sauté for about 5 mins, stirring often. 7. Pour egg-cheese mixture over the kale.8. Bake for about 45 mins or until golden on top. 9. Let quiche sit for about 10 mins. to sligthly cool off.