If you love a back-to-your-roots lifestyle, using old-fashioned skills, and time-tested homesteading practices, you have come to the right place!
My name is Anja. I am so glad you stopped by! Keep reading to learn a bit more about me and my homesteading lifestyle.
Lets start at the beginning …
My German Roots
I grew up in Germany where my grandparents with their old-fashioned way of life were a big inspiration to me — unbeknownst to me at the time.
With a huge garden, they were mostly self-sustaining. They ate simple, healthy, and real food. They lived a very sustainable lifestyle.
My grandparents lived an organic lifestyle before that was even a word.
I was baking with whole wheat when even in Germany that was considered pretty “granola” 😉
Back to My Roots
In 1996, I moved to Northern California. My handy, handsome husband is my biggest supporter and my adult sons are helping a lot behind the scenes.
Most days, you can find me in the kitchen making food or thinking about a new recipe. Or recreating a German food or recipe that I can’t easily find in the US.
However, anything I do has to be simple and easy. I don’t like when things become complicated!
On this homesteading blog, I am sharing my passions and endeavors. I hope that you, too, enjoy learning about a more simple, beautiful, healthy, and sustainable lifestyle.
What You Will Find On This Blog:
- Simple & easy recipes that I’ve tested in my own kitchen that I hope you’ll try and love
- Lots of sourdough recipes and how-tos
- Homemaking, homesteading, and all sorts of DIY content
- An email newsletter where I share with you new recipes, Youtube videos, resources, products I love, and life updates every week
- Link to my popular online sourdough course
- All of my favorite products and tools that are essential to my homesteading lifestyle
More About Anja & This Blog
Our 1910 Victorian home has two gables (a gable roof is a roof consisting of two sections whose upper horizontal edges meet to form its ridge).
All of my recipes use real food ingredients. Making food from scratch and with love is how we keep healthy.